6/29/08

The Notebook vs. The Garage


As you can see, I'm all "Ms. Organization" this week. What the hell is wrong with me that I think it's ok to work like this? (Don't comment on that one, Mom.) At some point, I'll get really sick of the mess and clean/organize it all but only when I feel like I'm not drowning in orders that need to be done by the end of the week. There's some irony for ya! I would probably be faster and get more done if it were organized but I just can't be bothered right now.

Today, I'd planned to build two boxes, cut out parts for a chair, poly an almost finished toy box, and run to the hardware store for supplies while my kids and hubby were off at a friend's house. Ms. Organization managed to build 3/4 of one box and partially poly a toy box. The rest of the time was spent reading the paper, checking email, and sitting on the couch watching the movie, The Notebook cuz I'm a hopeless romantic when I'm not wielding power tools and jig saws. God, how I love that movie. Anyhow, back to me not making furniture.

Tomorrow, I vow to build furniture until my hands bleed (or until I can sneak back in while everyone's gone and watch only the really sexy-romantic parts of The Notebook on Tivo. Don't pretend you don't know what those good parts are cuz I know you do:)

1 comment:

Henry+Lorraine+Lauren+Lucy said...

K, it looks just like your bedroom in college!!! Just kidding : ) xo, Lor