6/8/08

Free wood on my lawn!!

Biscuit joiners, eco-friendly wood, slow-closing lid support...AHHH!!! If someone would've told me in the beginning how complicated making furniture could get, I would've gone into knitting. No that's a lie. I can't knit worth a damn and have trouble concentrating on which line I'm on when Grey's Anatomy is on. So furniture it is....

Today, Scott and I carried 10 pieces of eco-friendly white maple plywood to my front lawn with a sign that says "free". Sadly, that particular type of plywood, while very expensive and thankfully gifted to me after a mix-up with a previous order of wood, didn't make the grade when it came to building kids furniture. So it's out on its ear. It looks lovely sitting on my lawn. I'd be lying if I didn't say I have a slight urge to want to sit by the window and see who stops by to look at it and hopefully pick it up. But I know I'll get defensive if someone drives by and looks but then keeps going. It's that same feeling you get when you hold a garage sale and people snub their noses at your junk. I can't help but want to give them the stink-eye. But a few seconds later, I'm throwing an old purse in for free on top of beat up stroller they just bought from me.

All I have to say is someone better pick it up because the thought of carrying it back to the garage makes me want to throw up. And possibly offer something else for free to entice people to pick up the free wood. What's wrong with me?!??!

Off to sit by the window...

3 comments:

Litcritter said...

If nobody takes it for free, put a sign that says "$5 per sheet, inquire at house" and it's be gone by morning.

Kiersten said...

That's hilarious! Just before I was going to try your trick, it was picked up! Sadly, I'd left my perch so I have no clue who took the wood.

CK said...

Man, i had a feeling that stuff would be gone by the time i got to the house from Austin. DANG!