12/13/07

My Proudest Building Accomplishment of 2007




So I was thinking about what I've built over the past year and what I'm really most proud of and I immediately thought of the play house my hubby and I built for our daughter's preschool. We LOVE LOVE LOVE the owners (and even vacation with them on occasion) which made building the playhouse even more special. SHAMELESS PLUG: If you live in LA in the Valley and are in need of a preschool, you have to check out The Little School! You won't find a better preschool!!

Anyhow, I designed the playhouse after looking at plans for several different houses online. I scaled it to fit the space and then learned (also online) how to build a roof. We built it in sections and then put it together onsite. Scott suggested taking the siding we used for the sides and cutting it into squares to make the shingles for the roof. Brilliant!

So far so good -- the house is still standing and from what I can tell, the roof doesn't leak.

I have to say I feel relatively confident that I could build us a little house if we're ever running from the law and and having to live in the woods somewhere in Oregon. That's a damn good feeling!

No comments: