12/27/07

Getting Back to Normal

So I gave myself a couple of weeks out of the garage and technically, still have a few days but last night I found myself out there plotting a custom storage piece for my kids. Funny how you can get so burned out of it after doing it week after week but I know it must be real love, cuz I was a little jumpy to get back to cutting and sanding and all that jazz.

I'm looking forward to creating some new pieces in 2008 and am happy to report I'm booked in the building/already sold department until mid-february! This year should be interesting because I'm now at the point where I definitely need help building in order to keep from making folks wait three months for their pieces. I'll be looking into some extra hands to keep production running smoothly. Another clue that made me think I might need help: my kids asked me a couple of weeks ago if I could just take one day off of building. That made me think a little about the workload. Packing in a full-time job with virtually no kid-free hours is a challenge!

On a family update report, we're still in the dark about my husband's TIAs and he's supposed to be getting a couple more tests run but I think he's frustrated, as we all are, that there are no clear cut answers. So for now, he's taking aspirin everyday and I'm calmly telling him that if he strokes out on me, I'll kill him!

No comments: