4/7/08

Staph Break

I'm taking a quick break from building a table and two chairs to set the record straight. If you come to the show on Saturday or Sunday and you see me, you won't get a staph infection. Apparently, my staph infection turned out to be a non-lethal spider bite. YEAH!! So good news all around...except for what I learned before the nurse herded me into my doctor's visit room.

I learned that stepping on a scale in a doctor's office is bad for your health. And even if you close your eyes, chances are the nurse will YELL the unmentionable number into the air even though you're standing there, on the scale, WITH YOUR EYES CLOSED.

So I sit here drinking Diet Coke, eating a protein only snack, knowing that later tonight, when we meet friends at a mexican restaurant, if I want to eat, I have to smuggle in low-carb tortillas. And sip Scott's margarita like those carbs don't count cuz it's not my glass.

But hey, NO staph infection here!!!! YEAH!!

2 comments:

Litcritter said...

This is why you need a doctor who uses the metric system. I weigh a lot less in kg.

Kiersten said...

Good point, Mike. I'll try that next time. Back to my beef jerky and Diet Coke...