8/23/12

Life Path


This is the path I would walk in the morning with Scott while staying at his parent's house in Flagstaff.   It's the most beautiful scene.  Funny how I've always said I'm a mountain girl because walking these trails made me realize I really am.  There's something so calming about walking through the woods.

Or maybe it's because I'm a wood geek in general.

While walking, I had time to think about all of ups and downs of life and how much I've learned in such a short period of time.  Nothing an MBA could produce but more along the lines of life in general.  And people. 

I've been in a few situations lately where I've had to trust my intuition about folks I know in my work life and my personal life.  I know I've been talking about intuition quite a bit but it's really the most amazing gift, if you use it. I used to always give people the benefit of the doubt way too much and just squash those "ewwww" feelings.  Mostly because I was a people pleaser. Now, I trust my first instinct about people and nine times out of ten, it turns out to be spot on.  It's really invaluable in all areas of my life and I highly recommend paying attention to those feelings right off the bat.

So as I'm walking down this part of my life path, I find the most valuable tool in the old tool box has nothing to do with the mechanics of running a business.  And has everything to do with knowing myself and trusting my gut feelings.  



No comments: