4/21/10

Manual Labor



We're at it again! This time, in between orders, Scott and I are building decorations (think set design) for an upcoming fundraiser at school. We love doing it -- it really is fun to design this kind of stuff and for such a good cause....but (you knew it was coming)I'm finding it's taking more of a toll on my hands that I figured. Especially the painting part.

I may have mentioned this before but I'm the lucky recipient of a form of arthritis that will eventually disfigure my knuckles to the point I won't be able to do certain things. It's in my family and my mom suffers from it so I'm expecting it but I didn't think it would start at age 36. Thankfully, I picked a career where hands aren't really needed. :) I'm doing lots to combat it or at least slow the growth: reiki healing, glucosamine, vodka tonics but sometimes it's just a real pain in the arse.

In my next career, I'll choose something that isn't so dependent upon my digits. Like maybe the career where I order pina coladas from my beach chair. Care to join me? :)

No comments: