8/24/09

"Oh Spud! I'm a chain!"



Remember in Steel Magnolias when Spud (Truvy's husband) drives Truvy up to her new second location of her beauty shop called Truvy's West? I knew you would. Anyhow, she excitedly says, "Oh Spud! I'm a chain!"

That's exactly how I feel seeing all those boxes stacked three high with their official Mod Mom Furniture labels.

I'm just finishing packing up the last four of the fifteen toy boxes that are making their way to Canada on Wednesday. They were purchased by the new store Baby Bot (www.babybot.com) which will launch in September. Babybot will be the official carrier of Mod Mom Furniture in Canada so if you're Canadian and you're having a toy box emergency, they'll be available to buy (no waiting period) in September. Whoohooo!! I know, it's not as exciting as a nativity made entirely out of sparklers but it's something.

While we're at it, here are a few other good lines from that movie I've been known to throw out from time to time...

"A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste."
"If you don't have somethin' nice to say, come sit by me."
"It looks like two pigs fighting under a blanket."

All this has me thinking I might just have to make a blood red cake in the shape of an armadillo to celebrate.

2 comments:

panyizsuzsi said...

Oh, we just saw Steel Magnolias in the local theater. That was a great show. Thanks for mentioning!

Anonymous said...

Oh That is so awesome! Congrats!!!