6/26/09

Canada, Oh Canada

Mod Mom is international! A new Canadian modern baby store (launching at the end of the summer -- more info to come later) ordered 15 toy boxes to be driven by truck to Canada. I've been working on regular orders but have also had some help from an amazing local woodworker to help me produce all 15 in time for the launch. I am THRILLED beyond belief with this order for two reasons: 1.) the owner of the new store is a former client. She ordered them after receiving her Owyn Toy Box a couple of months ago. Nothin' better than that, right? and, 2.) it's one order for 15 toy boxes. At the most, stores generally buy two at a time.

I'm slowly, with loads of fear in my eyes, trying to figure out where to go from here. I'm getting requests from Italy, England, Australia, etc and have no idea how to fill them and make it worth their while monetarily. No surprise that shipping is through the roof.

So I'm slowly seeking out ways to partner with other furniture companies. Being such a design novice, I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm sure to get schooled on the internet, the way I do when I diagnose someone with a deadly disease that they don't have. Should be a piece of cake, right? Right?

4 comments:

jason gottlieb said...

See, Patrick is right! You ARE Mod Mom! So very proud but not at all surprised...now you have to get a passport so that we can go check out those stores in Milan who want your stuff.

Kiersten said...

thanks, zumajay!! How fun would it be to check out the Milan shops?!?! I'll start primping now for my passport photo.

Russel Trojan said...

Way, way, way Cool ! ! !

Mod Mom Goes International.

That's quite an order and with the way things are going it appears that you don't believe in that whole recession thing, eh?

It it quite a pleasure seeing you succeed. Thanks for sharing.

Toronto Staging Professionals said...

Your designs are very impressive, I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding partners to work with you, even in these touch times! Good luck to you and keep up the good work ;)

Take care, Ella