8/2/09

Neighborhood Friends

One of the advantages of working from home is that, on a occasion, you meet some really cool people who are just casually walking by your open garage. There's one in particular that I look forward to seeing by the name of Ray Kirkham. Ray works down the street at a paint store (and is brilliant at his job -- he's helped me a ton) so naturally, he walks past to go to his parked car daily.

Ray, who is of retirement age, shares his wicked sense of humor, wisdom, and thoughts on the world with me. He was even kind enough to give me a CD of his keyboard compositions. I think it's fantastic!! And I was honored he thought enough of me to hand one over.

Being alone in your garage gets old sometimes but knowing that folks like Ray may pop in from time to time makes it so much more enjoyable. Thanks, Ray, for always making me smile and for pushing me to get back to work when I'd rather chat with you.

1 comment:

Russel Trojan said...

Very cool. I'd like to believe that for the most part, strangers are friend you haven't met yet. And, it's always rewarding when you finally meet them.