But you're writing, Kiersten??!?! Yup. I am. Thought I'd do a speed round of what has been happening around these parts. And take this opportunity to thank you again for coming around this blog and for supporting Mod Mom. Still blows my mind that this all started back in 2006 when I was trying to figure out how to measure wood and join one side of a toy box to the other without driving a nail through my finger. Which did happen on occasion.
So to catch you up...
- Last year, a true ANGEL investor came into my life via a form email. We spoke a few times by phone and his over all message to me was that he believed in me and the Mod Mom brand. We never met in person. He literally mailed a check for a huge amount of money with no royalties, etc attached. I am forever grateful for his faith and generosity. Like I said, a true Angel.
- Since then, we've hired part-time staff to help take the day-to-day workload off my back and give me time to develop new lines and partnerships. My amazingly talented husband has been helping me on weekends and during his off-work hours to do just that. He's been essential to the growth we're now seeing with our company and I'm so thankful for him.
- I launched The Little Light Project, a non-profit organization helping families whose children have passed in addition to helping children and their parents understand how to manage and grow intuition. It's amazing the reach this little organization has! We've been getting emails from all over the world without doing any advertising. If you build it, they will come!
- Mod Mom partnered with Safe Horizon, the nations largest organization based in NYC that helps families who have suffered violence. When you purchase items on our website, 5% of the sale price goes to Safe Horizon! We're thrilled to be able to help!
- We have officially partnered with Columbia Forest Products (and their formaldehyde-free wood that is made here in the States) and are in the process of designing multiple lines of storage furniture (not just kids!) for major national retailers. It's all still in the works but more detail to come on this, for sure!!
- We are in the design/prototype/negotiation stage with the FANTASTIC well-known kids furniture/goods retailer. Designing exclusive Mod Mom pieces for them. YAY!
- We've partnered with Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band -- they are HUGE in the kid music world -- to create a line of storage based off of their award winning songs.
- And we're going to launch a Woodland Mod collection that skews a little more traditional in design taste. Fine, hardwood, Amish-craftsmanship will still be at the heart of Woodland Mod!
In a nutshell, that's what's happening on this end. Look for new products, a revamped website, new partnerships and new wood!
As always, thank you for supporting us through the years. Now, I'm off to pick up Noah from school!