1/18/10

Gratitude

I was reading the Apartment Therapy post again because I noticed there were four comments below. Which meant there was one I hadn't read. As I scrolled down, my heart raced a bit....and then completely jumped out of my body when I read the first line of what appeared to be a very long comment...

"I very rarely leave commentary here, though I frequent the site often, but I HAD to chime in..."

Gulp. Then big gulp. Then OH CRAP WHAT'S NEXT?!!? After a couple deep breaths, I made myself read-on through the corner of my squinty eyes and was so glad I did. Victoria was a customer of mine in 2008. She did what I sadly don't come to expect much which was say really nice things about my furniture. I've had a few bad run-ins with commenters over the course of the past three years and I guess it affected me more than I thought. I know I do good work...I put my heart and soul into every piece. But still, just a few voices who never even bought my furniture (or saw it up close) make me doubt myself and the goodness of others. It's wrong, I know.

So to Victoria, I can't thank you enough. You did what few people ever take the time to do.

"...I ordered the Owyn Toy Box from modmomfurniture over a year ago and I couldn't be more pleased. Certainly it was a splurge for me, but I ordered the piece for my daughters' first birthday, hoping it will last her. The construction is stunning, it looks absolutely lovely in her room, it's easy to use, spacious and does more than add to the decor. Am I the only one who thinks most wooden toy boxes on the market look like tiny coffins? I know I may be stretching it a bit, but I can't help the association. If they're not gloomy and dark, then they're overly gaudy. I'm already thinking of how I will be re purposing this toybox as storage for linen at the foot of my daughter's bed when she will no longer need it for toys, as it will easily transition into a teenage years... and then hopefully it's intended use will come in handy again for my daughter's children (yeah, she's only 2 now, but I dream that far).I now have another little girl and I'm seriously considering another toy box from modmomfurniture for her 1st birthday as well. I love the idea that my girls will each have an intricate hand-made item that can last and gain some history. Thank you again Kiersten, you are one talented gal!http://public.fotki.com/Vikulya/sisters/baby/first-tea-party/dsc2165.html

3 comments:

Robert Mahar said...

That's so lovely! Believe me, I know how tough anonymous commenters can be on the general psyche - which makes the nice ones all the better!

Kiersten said...

I know, right?!? The bad ones stick more and they shouldn't. Especially when there's no merit or experience behind the comments. But they're hard to shake sometimes.

And anyone making negative comments about you or your store is freakin' insane!!!!

paperbella said...

That would make my heart swell! I would feel those same sentiments about if too if/when I have a daughter. Your furniture is charming and lovely!