1/25/09

Hope Chests?

All this CPSIA got me thinking about some of my older designs that would lend themselves to truly being adult storage solutions. That, and the fact that for every three toy chest orders, someone orders one of my toy chests for their non-kid home. In fact, a lovely woman from NY is requesting a modified Owyn as a hope chest for herself to keep all the wonderful knitted hats, blankets, etc that she creates for her future grandchildren.

I know I have a need for a hope chest...or even just a chest in our living room so we can store blankets and hide really loud, obnoxious kid toys from the children. Pity I can't find a decent carpenter to make one for me. Anyhow, I was wondering if some of you feel the same way about having an additional storage piece in your living room?

Look for some new designs soon that project that "modern organic" look and nicely hide whatever you want to hide from whomever you want to hide it. Think Gracie Toy Box meets Owyn Toy Box. That was so LA of me to say it that way, wasn't it?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great idea! Keep those wheels spinning!!

Henry+Lorraine+Lauren+Lucy said...

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! We certainly need a trunk or chest to hide away all of our quilts that we like to cuddle with when watching a movie in our family room. Perfect!