11/12/07

Still Thankful, Still Giving Event


Check out this cool charity event being hosted by Lauren Holly and Meridith Brooks that celebrates adoption and raises funds to help the orphans at Casa Hogar Sion, an orphanage in Tijuana. Proceeds will also help fund the Jr. Sirens an opportunity to take a field trip to get hands on experience at volunteering at the orphanage, while seeing the positive impact they can make in the world.
I am donating a toy box for the event! The children in attendance will get to pick a prize out of the "treasure box" (my toy box) and it will later be auctioned off in the silent auction. Check out http://www.sirenssociety.org/stsg_event.html for all the details and ticket information.
I'm thrilled to have been asked to be a part of this great event!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can be very proud. At least that's how I would feel about it. How did you get to know about this event? Did they just contact you ?

Kiersten said...

Thanks, Julia. I am proud and happy to be involved. A woman who helps run the event met me at The Little Monster Market in September and remembered me and more importantly, my toy boxes. I was THRILLED! Now I have to figure out which one to make???