In this tutorial, you will see how you can really brighten up a room by applying gorgeous, vibrant finishes to plain wood frames. We used Cabot Premium Wood Finish in a variety of colors to match the cool mod look going on in a bedroom for two very cool kids!
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:Check out the new Cabot Premium Wood Finish here: http://www.cabotstain.com/products/pr... or exclusively at Lowe's stores and http://www.lowes.com
We've joined up with Cabot Premium Woodcare and woodworking expert Kiersten Hathcock from www.modmomfurniture.com to show you how to bring your walls to life with customized picture frames.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Cabot Premium Wood Finish in Citrus, Stormy Teal, Mosaic Blue, Olive Branch and Clothespins
Sand Paper (very fine or 300+ grit)
Water to wash brushes
- Buy unfinished wood frames online or from a local store. When creating photo collages, it's great to use and odd number of frames like 5.
- Remove the glass and set aside.
- Lay each frame out on a covered workspace and make sure the frames are ready for finishing. If rough, they will need a little sanding first. If not, you're ready to go.
- Apply your choice(s) of Cabot Premium Wood Finish to each frame using long, smooth brush strokes. Each frame can be finished using a different color, if you choose.
- Let the finish dry for approximately 2 hours.
- Lightly sand the frames using very fine sand paper and wipe clean.
- Apply a second coat (or more if you would like a richer color) and allow to dry.
- Insert the glass back into the frames and place your favorite photos in your newly finished frames.
- Hang photos in an interesting layout and you have a beautiful, custom collage that is tailor made for your home!
For a list of all the cool finish colors from which to choose, go to .