1/28/11

life in my garage...is changing

I was suddenly struck by just how different life is about to be for us and how right it all feels.  You know how timing just doesn't feel right sometimes even for good things? Well, it almost feels like things are right with the universe now for whatever is in front of me.

As you all know, I'm transitioning from being the one-woman manufacturing center to the one-woman designer and manager of Mod Mom.  And it couldn't come at a better time.  I've mentioned before how I have some issues with my hands due to repetitive use from the constant building, sanding, and cutting I've done over the past few years.  Well, yesterday I was sanding something and then went to send a text on my phone and my darn thumb wouldn't stop jumping round.  I couldn't even text, it was so twitch-y. That's it.  If I can't text, there's no use in going on. :)

The past few months have been interesting, that's for sure.  It's laughable now (and all in perspective, believe me, I know we could've gone through FAR worse...so many people are) but check out this list of events:  unemployment/lack of money, cancer, cancer again, Shark Tank prep and filming, rat infestation in our house, cars breaking down, kids' school issues/concerns, lice, and three deaths in the family.  At one point, Scott and I said we should just sit down with a bottle of two dollar wine and wait for the locusts to come.  We did sit down with wine but instead we watched the sun set over the ocean.  Much better than locusts, I have to say.

As it is with all things, change and obstacles are learning experiences.  I learned to charge ahead no matter how tired and scared I felt.  I'm still learning that one.  But what I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt is that life in my garage is changing and I'm ready.  Oh, and I can also tell you that the lice are gone so if you see me, don't freak out.  No lice here. :)

5 comments:

JOE. D said...

Perhaps it IS now your time too shine. After all that crappy stuff, hoping you have a great year. Hope the furniture manufacturing goes ultra smoothly - and I wish you all the biggest sales success.

I'll keep coming back and see how it all goes (-:

The Skårtist said...

I've been a closet reader now for a while and just wanted to let you know that I'm glad you've brought us on your journey. It's amazing and inspirational to be a part of your changing and growing.

Kiersten said...

Linda, thank you! I hope you got my message on your awesome blog.

SK, you made my day. Thank so much for your amazingly sweet note and for coming along on this journey with me.

Business Directory said...

I have entered my new furniture business to this UK's best bisiness directory,Why you didn't yet?

Furniture Online said...

That will be a good time for you.And you will get it better than ever.