7/30/09

Designer Envy


A few days ago a Dwell Magazine fact checker contacted me to, well, fact check something she was told about my little company. She asked if I had designed the Bertie Box for Magis. To which I said, "Who's Magis?"

Well, apparently Magis is a phenomenal Italian design company that employs only top designers to produce the coolest kids stuff on the market. I looked them up on the internet and then went to the Designed For Kids book that by sure luck, I had several designs featured. Sure enough, Magis is all over the place in that book. One of the pieces called Nido was designed by Javier Mariscal who designed the mascot for the Olympic Games in Barcelona in 1992. And then there's Finnish designer Eero Aarnio who designed the iconic hanging Bubble chair in the 1960's. He's created the Trioli (see photo above) chair for www.magismetoo.com. Oh, and Rosario Hurtado and Roberto Feo who, on page 122, show off their Mico. One of those insanely smart, functional playthings that is in every design book known to man.

Why oh why couldn't that one fact be true?!?! Just this once, ya know?!?!

(Psst....Magis.....Call me! :))



(Bubble chair by Eero Aarnio)

No comments: