3/19/09

Got my Zen On!

I know, I know. How does one get any kind of zen with two kiddies running around and toy boxes to be made? Get the hell out, that's how!

Over the weekend, my friend Oonagh, whisked me off to a spa in Palm Springs for some R&R. Funny thing happened during R&R. Uncontrollable laughing and loud talking in places that were marked, "please speak at a whisper level." Guess I'm not really the serious spa type. While participating in an ai chi class (yep, I had no idea either)I went from being conscious of my inner peace to thinking about what I'd have for dinner and remembering my tax appt for Thursday in about a split second.
I know some folks can truly concentrate and be one with nature but this girl needs an US Magazine to even lay by a pool.

I did learn that all the wood working, real life, business stuff really does take a toll and in between getting told to be quieter and pushing people away who've floated into you in the pool, I really did get rejuvenated.

Sadly though, I lost 4 Lee Press-On Toenails in the pool. There's always a downside to going to a spa in Palm Springs, people.

1 comment:

Russel Trojan said...

Nothing like a little time in the lap of luxury to let the dust settle (literally and figuratively). It's unfortunately about the nails, but I'm sure Lee has more to spare.